RANCHO SAN BERNARDINO
LAMBERT M. SURHONE, MARIAM T. TENNOE, SUSAN F. HENSSONOW
High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles!
Rancho San Bernardino was a 35,509-acre (143.70 km2) Mexican land grant in present day San Bernardino County, California given in 1842 by Governor Juan B. Alvarado to Jose del Carmen Lugo, Jose Maria Lugo, Vicente Lugo, and Diego Sepulveda.
The grant included a large part of the San Bernardino valley, and encompassed present day San Bernardino, Fontana, Rialto, Redlands and Colton.
In 1841, Antonio Maria Lugo petitioned for a land grant in the name of three of his sons, Jose del Carmen Lugo, Jose Maria Lugo, Vicente Lugo, and Jose del Carmen's friend, Diego Sepulveda.
In 1842, the eight square league Rancho San Bernardino was granted to Antonio Maria Lugo, his sons and his nephews, who grazed cattle in the area.